Let’s just be honest. When it comes to NFL fans, none are more arrogant and have more excuses than Bronco fans.
Don’t mention that epic collapse they suffered last season. Donkey supporters just chalked it up to Jay Cutler’s blood sugar.
Got some bad news for the Mile High city: Elway ain’t walking through that door, folks!
So, before they can muster up any excuses for losing to the Oakland Raiders this Sunday, I decided to offer a few for public consumption. Donkey fans, feel free to run with any of these or just carry them over for the loss you’ll endure in Denver again this year too.
10. Josh McDaniels is waiting on Mitch Mustain because he thinks he’ll be the next Matt Cassel.
9. Kyle Orton was hung over.
8. Bill Belichick has a clause in all contracts of his former assistants stating that they cannot win more games in a calendar year than Charlie Weis.
7. DeAngelo Hall didn’t cover Eddie Royal this time around.
6. Pat Bowlen is trying to get a top 5 pick in 2010 so he can replace Brandon Marshall with Michael Crabtree.
5. Unlike the Bengals, Raider defensive backs actually intercept errant Orton throws instead of batting them into the hands of Brandon Stokley.
4. If Terrell Davis had never got hurt, the Broncos would be unbeaten over the last 10 years.
3. As it turns out, the 3-4 made no difference. Denver’s “D” still sucks!
2. Darren McFadden shouldn’t be allowed to play without turf toe, it’s just not fair.
1. JaMarcus Russell owns the Broncos! (Scientific fact, check the numbers from ’08: 27/37, 337 YDS, 3 TDs, 0 INTs, 127.3 Passer Rating)
Subscribe to JBB
Follow JBB on Twitter
Tags: Excuses For Bronco Fans