The Oakland Raiders have trimmed their roster down to 75 players. After playing in their final preseason game on September 1st, the team will have until September 3rd at 4:00pm EST to get the roster down to 53 players.
There has already been one surprise release in Leon Orr (at least at the 75-man cut deadline), and with plenty of talented players still on the roster, there is definitely a chance for more surprises.
Taking a look at the 75-man roster, let’s separate the players into tiers to try and determine who is safe and who isn’t.
The players will be separated into five categories:
- Locks: players that are 100% safe — no chance they are released
- Comfortable: players that are mostly safe — would be a big surprise if let go
- Middle Ground: player right in the middle — would be a mild surprise if released
- On The Bubble: players on the fringe — would not be a surprise if cut
- Gone: players with no chance of making the 53-man roster
Within the tiers, players will be listed alphabetically by last name.
Next: Raiders 75-man Roster Breakdown: Locks