1. Everyone on offense except for Amari Cooper
Derek Carr had by far his worst game of the season, completing 22 of 34 attempts for 225 yards with 1 TD and 1 INT. A poor game by his standards, with 2 fumbles (1 lost) not doing him any favors.
Carr also had one other pass that should have been picked off, but fortunately was dropped, and he was just off on Sunday. His accuracy was erratic, his decision making was subpar, and it was in general an uncharacteristic performance from #4.
But it wasn’t just Carr — no one else on offense did much to help, with the exception of Cooper. Bill Musgrave called what was by far his worst game of the season as well.
Michael Crabtree had his worst game of the season. The run game didn’t do anything. The offensive line was decent at best.
It was simply bad. Very, very bad.
2. Run Defense
40 carries for 183 yards and 3 TDs. That is what the Chiefs ground attack did on Sunday.
Spencer Ware led the charge with 131 yards on 24 carries, with Jamaal Charles and Charcandrick West both pitching in.
This was the main theme of the day — Chiefs run it, Chiefs pick up the first down. Rinse and repeat. Oakland’s defense was gashed all game long, and could not do a single thing to stop it.
There were countless times the Raiders failed to get off the field on the third down, with the majority of KC’s conversions coming on third-and-short rushes.
The defensive line lost the battle in the trenches, and was pushed around every which way. None of the down-linemen could maintain gap control, set the edge, or do much of anything to limit KC’s rushing attack.
There were missed tackles galore at every level of the defense, and every single time the Chiefs ran the ball, it felt like the ball carrier fell forward an extra three yards.
3. Literally everyone except for Amari Cooper:
- Sebastian Janikowski missed a field goal.
- Marquette King failed to down a punt inside the 20-yard line.
- Offensive line allowed Derek Carr to be pressured too often for the second game in a row. They also struggled to get push in the run game for the second game in a row.
- Derek Carr was erratic with his accuracy, made several bad decisions, and fumbled twice.
- Jalen Richard ran for 8 yards on 4 carries.
- Michael Crabtree caught 2 passes for 10 yards.
- Alex Smith completed 86.3% of his passes for 224 yards
- Pass rush (Khalil Mack) recorded one sack
I think you get the point.
With the Jaguars up next, let’s hope the Silver & Black can bounce back with a win.