NFL reveals Las Vegas Raiders 2020 schedule with four primetime games
The NFL revealed the 2020 schedule today and here is what is on the cards for the Las Vegas Raiders in their inaugural season in Sin City
Just two weeks after the 2020 NFL Draft the NFL has released the schedule for the 2020 regular season. This announcement comes a bit later than usual likely because the NFL had to do some rescheduling due to the COVID-19 pandemic, but it looks like a very favorable schedule for the Las Vegas Raiders.
In these uncertain times, especially in the world of sports, the NFL has been a bastion of stability. It is the only league, thanks to their fall-winter schedule, that has not had to postpone or cancel any games yet. They did make one notable change as a result of the pandemic, moving all of the international games planned for London or Mexico City back to the United States.
The Raiders will hope to build on the momentum of a 7-9 season in 2019 and make a playoff push in their first season in Las Vegas. They have retooled and reloaded on both sides of the ball and Raider Nation will be anxious to see whether year three of the second Jon Gruden era will be as successful as year three the first time around
They will kick off the schedule on the road at Carolina but will open Allegiant Stadium in Week 2 with a Monday Night Football showdown with the New Orleans Saints. They will be featured in primetime four times with a possible fifth if the Week 16 matchup with Miami gets flexed and then wrap things up as usual with a division date in Week 17.
Full schedule with dates and times. All kickoff times in Pacific Standard Time.
- Week 1: Raiders at Carolina Panthers – September 13, 10AM
- Week 2: Raiders vs New Orleans Saints – September 21, 5:15PM (MNF)
- Week 3: Raiders at New England Patriots – September 27, 10AM
- Week 4: Raiders vs Buffalo Bills – October 4, 1:25PM
- Week 5: Raiders at Kansas City Chiefs – October 11, 10AM
- Week 6: BYE WEEK
- Week 7: Raiders vs Tampa Bay Buccaneers – October 25, 5:20PM (SNF)
- Week 8: Raiders at Cleveland Browns – November 1, 10AM
- Week 9: Raiders at Los Angeles Chargers – November 8. 1PM
- Week 10: Raiders vs Denver Broncos – November 15, 1PM
- Week 11: Raiders vs Kansas City Chiefs – November 22, 5:20PM (SNF)
- Week 12: Raiders at Atlanta Falcons – November 29, 10AM
- Week 13: Raiders at New York Jets – December 6. 10AM
- Week 14: Raiders vs Indianapolis Colts – December 13, 1PM
- Week 15: Raiders vs Los Angeles Chargers – December 17, 5:20PM (TNF)
- Week 16: Raiders vs Miami Dolphins – December 26 or December 27, TBD
- Week 17: Raiders at Denver Broncos – January 3, 1:25PM
The Raiders have added talent on both sides of the ball this offseason, as Mayock and Gruden look to be building around veteran quarterback Derek Carr. He has all the weapons he needs to succeed in 2020, including a star at running back and tight end, a solid offensive line, and a brand new crop of wideouts.
I don’t know about you but this schedule smells like playoffs for the new look Las Vegas Raiders. Stay tuned to Just Blog Baby for all the analysis of the Las Vegas Raiders 2020 schedule, including toughest stretch, easiest stretch, and must-win games to name a few.