Las Vegas Raiders 2022 opponent offseason review: Arizona Cardinals
Defensive Additions and Draft Picks
The Arizona Cardinals’ biggest addition that they made was cornerback Jeff Gladney who was teammates with current Raiders Safety Trevon Moehrig. Tragically, Gladney was involved in a fatal car accident and passed away on Memorial Day.
Gladney was drafted by the Minnesota Vikings in the first round of the 2020 NFL Draft but was released a year later in 2021. The Cardinals also brought in linebacker Nick Vigil formerly of the Bengals, Vikings, and Chargers last season. Vigil will be looking to regain the form he had with the Bengals several seasons ago.
- Trey McBride, Round Two Pick 55, TE Colorado State
- Cameron Thomas, Round Three Pick 87, DE San Diego State
- Myjai Sanders, Round Three Pick 100, Edge Cincinnati
- Keaontay Ingram, Round Four Pick 201, RB USC
- Lecitus Smith, Round Six Pick 215, G Virginia Tech
- Christian Matthew, Round Seven Pick 244, CB Valdosta State
- Jesse Luketa, Round Seven Pick 256, LB Penn State
- Marquis Hayes, Round Seven Pick 257, G Oklahoma
The Cardinals ended with a solid draft haul after trading away their first-round pick, and third-round edge rusher Myjai Sanders could prove to be a real steal. Overall, the Cardinals will be in a battle for first place in the NFC West next season, and hopefully, for them, they can get through the six games without Hopkins and make a run.
However, this is a game the Raiders should certainly win.