Raiders: Where does Derek Carr rank in terms of 2022 fantasy football?
Players to Invest In
1. Josh Allen (Buffalo Bills)
2. Justin Herbert (Los Angeles Chargers)
3. Lamar Jackson (Baltimore Ravens)
4. Jalen Hurts (Philadelphia Eagles)
5. Joe Burrow (Cincinnati Bengals)
6. Kyler Murray (Arizona Cardinals)
7. Tom Brady (Tampa Bay Buccanneers)
8. Aaron Rodgers (Green Bay Packers)
9. Patrick Mahomes (Kansas City Chiefs)
10. Dak Prescott (Dallas Cowboys)
If you are in a league that only starts one quarterback, these should be the first ten taken. The first three are obvious as any of them have the potential to win MVP this season. For fantasy purposes, Jackson could quite easily finish as the QB1 if Rashod Bateman can progress in his second season.
After the top three, it really becomes a matter of preference. Personally, I love the Eagles’ Jalen Hurts as a starting quarterback option this year. Of course, he has the running ability that is so valuable in fantasy football, but he also got the added weapon of A.J. Brown. With Devonta Smith sure to improve in his second season, Hurts may be the sleeper of the draft at this position.
Further down the list, we find Aaron Rodgers and Patrick Mahomes. While these two are certainly top five quarterbacks in the NFL, for fantasy purposes they may be taking a step back. This is largely because they both lost elite wide receivers and do not have a sufficient option to replace them. Both could be victims of an offense shifting to a more run-heavy approach.