Oakland Raiders Film Room: Week 16 (Bills)
By Evan Ball
Mack Pass Rush Attack
If Khalil Mack doesn’t get Defensive Rookie of the Year honors it will be a complete travesty. As a rookie he’s been a top five linebacker in the league, even being rated the best outside linebacker in the NFL by Pro Football Focus. He started the season as a very strong run defender and has since added in a mean pass rush. That pass rush game was on full display in the win over Buffalo.
Khalil Mack abused the right side of the Buffalo offensive line all game – especially poor T Seantrel Henderson. Utilizing his speed and quick feet he was able to make a quick move or two and blow by Henderson several times a game, disrupting Kyle Orton’s ability to throw the ball, or even stand up. Mack’s elite ability resulted in ridiculous pass rush stats: 1 sack, 2 QB hits, 5 QB hurries, and 1 blocked pass.
When a team wins the battle of the big plays it’s difficult for them to lose the game. For three weeks in a row Oakland finished the season playing tough, dominant football. It’s exciting to watch, and is even more exciting considering the implications for the Raiders future. They’re absolutely heading in the right direction.
More from Las Vegas Raiders News
- Raiders news: Free agent TE Foster Moreau diagnosed with cancer
- Las Vegas Raiders: 2023 NFL Draft will make-or-break David Ziegler Era
- Raiders news: Jimmy Garoppolo offered a different kind of deal
- Raiders 2023 NFL Draft: Trading down for an elite DT on Day 1
- Raiders 2023 NFL Draft: Will David Ziegler trade his top-2 picks again?