Turnover points – Cry me a Rivers
What annoyed me the most last Thursday is that the Raiders had three turnovers and then proceeded to get nothing from them. That’s bad football.
Good teams make other teams pay for their mistakes; hell, that’s what KC has done to us this year. They have made Oakland pay for its turnovers, penalties and lack of communication on defense.
Our offense is good, we’ve seen it all year. They have carved up good teams and defenses like a knife through butter but when it comes to crunch time vs the chiefs with the momentum given to them by the defense they can’t score? YUCK.
That has to change and FAST. In the playoffs teams are good and they do exactly what KC does play disciplined hard nosed football and capitalize and other teams mistakes. Oakland has to do this too.
They’ll have a chance this week vs. Phillip Rivers who has thrown 17 interceptions this year and 6 in the last three weeks.
If Oakland can force him into forcing his throws they can get some turnovers. Nothing is more deflating than a pick six but a score after a turnover is close enough.
Oakland has to make Rivers cry on Sunday. A win secures a playoff spot we haven’t had since 2002.
More from Just Blog Baby
- Raiders news: Free agent TE Foster Moreau diagnosed with cancer
- Order your Jimmy Garoppolo Las Vegas Raiders gear now
- Las Vegas Raiders: 2023 NFL Draft will make-or-break David Ziegler Era
- Raiders news: Jimmy Garoppolo offered a different kind of deal
- Raiders 2023 NFL Draft: Trading down for an elite DT on Day 1