1. Derek Carr vs. Marcus Mariota
It’s simple. Which other game on the Week 1 slate has two emerging star quarterbacks of this caliber going head-to-head? On Sunday in Nashville, we should see great quarterbacking in the form of Oakland’s Derek Carr versus Tennessee’s Marcus Mariota.
More from Just Blog Baby
- Raiders news: Free agent TE Foster Moreau diagnosed with cancer
- Order your Jimmy Garoppolo Las Vegas Raiders gear now
- Las Vegas Raiders: 2023 NFL Draft will make-or-break David Ziegler Era
- Raiders news: Jimmy Garoppolo offered a different kind of deal
- Raiders 2023 NFL Draft: Trading down for an elite DT on Day 1
Carr is entering his fourth year in the league out of Fresno State. The former second-round pick has quickly established himself as one of the best young stars in the game today.
His on-field charisma and ability to extend the play always has the Raiders in the mix to win a game.
Tennessee will getting season No. 3 out of the former Heisman Trophy winner from Oregon in Mariota.
Carr popped in year three and was a serious NFL MVP candidate before fracturing his fibula. Could this be the year that the Titans signal caller takes his play to the next level and leads Tennessee back to the AFC playoffs?
The chances of Mariota joining Carr among the AFC elite quarterbacks this year are strong. They both play behind excellent offensive lines and are not afraid to make the big play throwing the football down the field. Carr versus Mariota has to have football fans excited about Raiders versus Titans Week 1.