The offense has regressed under Todd Downing
Maybe moving on from Bill Musgrave in favor of Todd Downing was the wrong move? Oakland went from the seventh best offense in terms of yardage in 2016 to 27th through six games in 2017. While the running game has been slightly below average, the passing game has taken a major hit under Downing.
More from Just Blog Baby
- Raiders news: Free agent TE Foster Moreau diagnosed with cancer
- Order your Jimmy Garoppolo Las Vegas Raiders gear now
- Las Vegas Raiders: 2023 NFL Draft will make-or-break David Ziegler Era
- Raiders news: Jimmy Garoppolo offered a different kind of deal
- Raiders 2023 NFL Draft: Trading down for an elite DT on Day 1
Oakland has only been over 300 yards of total offense twice this year. Those were in the victories in the first two weeks.
Oakland got close to the 300-yard threshold on Sunday, but 274 total yards weren’t enough to beat the Chargers at home.
The Raiders haven’t thrown for more than 230 yards in a game during their four-game skid. They are -4 in turnover differential during this slide.
The biggest problem for the Raiders have been that they haven’t scored more than 17 points in any game during this four-game losing streak.
After putting up 26 on Tennessee and 45 on New York, the Raiders have scored a combined 53 points in the last four weeks. For a team that was expected to win with offense, that’s just not acceptable. The defense is giving this team a chance in surrendering 22.5 points per game during the streak. The problem is the offense is mustering an abysmal 13.25 points per game.