Though we will have to see how they look coming out of their bye, the Philadelphia Eagles look to be the best team in the NFC entering Week 10. They are 8-1 on the year. Their only loss came to Kansas City at Arrowhead. That’s not really a surprise, as Andy Reid is Doug Pederson‘s coaching mentor.
More from Just Blog Baby
- Raiders news: Free agent TE Foster Moreau diagnosed with cancer
- Order your Jimmy Garoppolo Las Vegas Raiders gear now
- Las Vegas Raiders: 2023 NFL Draft will make-or-break David Ziegler Era
- Raiders news: Jimmy Garoppolo offered a different kind of deal
- Raiders 2023 NFL Draft: Trading down for an elite DT on Day 1
The reason this game with the Eagles is going to be so bad for the Raiders is this: it is Monday Night Football Christmas night in Philadelphia.
This is an Eagles fan base that once booed and threw snowballs at Santa. It’s going to be cold and angry during the most wonderful time of the year.
Getting a win over the Eagles in Week 16 means that the Raiders are truly playoff caliber. It could signify that a 9-7, 10-6 Raiders team could not just get in to the AFC playoffs, but could win a game or two. A night game in Philly versus the 2017 Eagles just sounds awful.
Though Kansas City on the road in Week 14 and New England in Mexico City in Week 11 don’t feel overly promising, I’d be shocked if the Raiders can come away with a win in Philadelphia. This feels like a certain loss, but that all could change in a matter of weeks. Just win, baby!