The hottest player entering the last quarter of the season has been veteran running back Marshawn Lynch. He has been able to take his play back to Beast Mode levels ever since he was suspended during the Thursday night game versus the Chiefs at The Coliseum.
More from Just Blog Baby
- Raiders news: Free agent TE Foster Moreau diagnosed with cancer
- Order your Jimmy Garoppolo Las Vegas Raiders gear now
- Las Vegas Raiders: 2023 NFL Draft will make-or-break David Ziegler Era
- Raiders news: Jimmy Garoppolo offered a different kind of deal
- Raiders 2023 NFL Draft: Trading down for an elite DT on Day 1
Though the Chiefs defense has largely disappointed during this stretch, they have found a solid future piece in the middle of their defense in former Alabama Crimson Tide and Buffalo Bills inside linebacker Reggie Ragland. He’s outplaying the veteran Derrick Johnson at this point of the season.
Ragland is a highly cerebral player that thrives in stopping the run. Though not as good dropping back into coverage, he will likely be spying Lynch all afternoon. It’s a big matchup for Ragland and a guy that Lynch should not overlook. Ragland is still playing hard on a defense that really isn’t anymore.
If Oakland is able to get around 100 all-purpose yards and a touchdown out of Lynch, the Raiders should be able to have enough balance on offense to win this game. Lynch has been the igniter for the resurgent Oakland offense of late. Look for him to shine once again in a huge rivalry game versus the Chiefs on Sunday.