It’s been an interesting season for both the Cowboys and the Raiders, albeit slightly disappointing ones. Last year, these two teams combined to go 25-7 during the 2016 regular season. Neither club won a playoff game and both might be on the outside looking in at a playoff berth this year.
More from Just Blog Baby
- Raiders news: Free agent TE Foster Moreau diagnosed with cancer
- Order your Jimmy Garoppolo Las Vegas Raiders gear now
- Las Vegas Raiders: 2023 NFL Draft will make-or-break David Ziegler Era
- Raiders news: Jimmy Garoppolo offered a different kind of deal
- Raiders 2023 NFL Draft: Trading down for an elite DT on Day 1
Dallas is 7-6 on the year and will need to win out to make the NFC playoffs and then some. The Cowboys lost their first three games of the Ezekiel Elliott suspension (Weeks 10-12), but have rattled off two wins in a row to get back over .500.
The Raiders lost their most recent game to the Chiefs in a must-win spot. Before that, the Raiders had gone 4-2 in their previous six games.
That helped off set the Raiders’ rough 2-4 start to 2017. Like Dallas, the Raiders will probably need to win out to reach the AFC playoffs.
It should be noted that the Raiders are 4-2 in their last six true home games. The Silver and Black have not dropped at game at Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum since a last-second field goal by Los Angeles Chargers kicker Nick Novak back in Week 6. That being said, Dallas plays equally well home or away. Let’s get ready for Sunday night!