These two rivals could not have had different starts to their 2017 NFL seasons. While both were expected to be back in the AFC playoff mix as Super Bowl contenders, only Kansas City has lived up to that sort of hype.
More from Just Blog Baby
- Raiders news: Mark Davis apologized to Derek Carr, Jalen Carter at No. 7?
- Raiders 2023 free agency: 3 more former Patriots who make sense
- Raiders news: No hard feelings from Derek Carr, Jimmy G an improvement?
- Las Vegas Raiders 7-round 2023 NFL Mock Draft: AR15 lands in Vegas
- Las Vegas Raiders: Will the 2023 offense thrive with Jimmy G?
Kansas City is 5-1 on the year with wins over the New England Patriots, the Philadelphia Eagles, the Los Angeles Chargers, the Washington Redskins and the Houston Texans.
The Chiefs lost their first game of the season last week to the Pittsburgh Steelers at Arrowhead.
Oakland is 2-4 on the year with wins over the Tennessee Titans and the New York Jets. During their four-game losing streak, the Raiders have fallen to the Redskins, the Denver Broncos, the Baltimore Ravens and the Chargers.
This will be Kansas City’s third primetime game of the season already. The Chiefs beat New England in Foxborough in Week 1 and the Texans in Houston in Week 5. Oakland will be making its second appearance in primetime. The Raiders were embarrassed against the Redskins in Landover. Here is to a great game on Thursday Night Football between the Chiefs and the Raiders in Oakland!